New Reach, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to provide shelter and housing, stabilization and support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty across CT. Since 1990, New Reach has worked to further its mission to inspire independence for those affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative and progressive methods.
The Administrative Assistant position provides administrative support to all agency departments, including Development, Programs/Shelter, Human Resources, Quality Assurance, Operations, and Finance.
- Reception duties, including but not limited to: answering phones, opening doors for visitors, greeting visitors, and communicating visitors to staff.
- Provide administrative support including, but not limited to: accurately typing, preparing, and distributing correspondence, transcribing, and distributing meeting agendas and minutes, managing hospitality and accommodations for meetings, copying, faxing, filing, and assuring deadlines are met.
- Maintain and oversee the general Info e-mailbox for the agency, including coordination of meetings in conference room.
- Responsible for compiling reports for review by the Quality Assurance Department as directed.
- Responsible for sending weekly shelter newsletters.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Department, including but not limited to: data entry in donor database, preparing and distributing correspondence to constituents, and assisting with donation acceptance.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of the agency's social media platforms.
- Responsible for compiling monthly Human Resources reports.
- Responsible for job postings on various platforms and ensuring postings remain up-to-date.
- Responsible for phone screening, scheduling interviews, preparing interview materials, uploading completed interview packets, etc. as directed.
- Responsible for processing all background checks, new hires, and separations and faxing/mailing all necessary paperwork.
- Associate Degree preferred and/or 3-5 years administrative experience.
- Experience working with donors/donor databases preferred.
- Proficient with the use of computers including software programs Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
Have a passion for professional growth, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.