New Reach, Inc. is a powerful nonprofit that provides shelter, housing, stabilization, support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT. Since 1990, we haveinspired independence via continuum of innovative housing and progressive supports. Our program results prove that we are one of the most effective nonprofits of our kind in the United States. A big reason why is because our staff support each other in a culture of teamwork, mutual caring and support, and dedication to our mission.
This is an entry-level position with the opportunity for professional growth within New Reach. The expectation for the ideal candidate is to grow within 12-18 months with the potential to move upward within the organization.
- Receptionist duties, including but not limited to: answering phones, greeting visitors, and communicating visitors to staff
- Administrative duties including but not limited to: accurately typing, preparing and distributing correspondence, reports and letters, confidential correspondence, and copying, faxing, and filing
- Assist with daily tasks and activities and provide support with special projects as needed including but not limited to: hospitality, out-of-office errands, ordering food, coordination of meeting room, cleaning, re-supply of office essentials
- Responsible for receiving, distributing, and posting mail as well as generating a daily check log of any currency received
- Prepare all New Hire Orientation packets
- Oversee the work order process for East Street
- Back-up for taking minutes at various meetings
- High school degree required, with business/clerical certificate/training preferred
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills a must
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Proficient with the use of computers including Microsoft Office Suite programs
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
Have a passion for professional growth, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.