New Reach, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to provide shelter and housing, stabilization, and support and community connections for children, families, and individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty across CT. Since 1990, New Reach has worked to further its mission to inspire independence for those affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative and progressive methods.
New Reach is looking for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated CASE WORKER to join a dynamic organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete coordinated screenings and intakes with potential clients
- Assist clients with identifying unaddressed needs related to benefits, employment and income, education, housing, medical conditions, mental health, substance use, family and/or community-based supports, and access to mainstream services. Refer and support engagement in appropriate services to meet the client's needs.
- Be trained in and utilize the evidenced based practices such as but not limited to Person-Centered Planning, Motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction in working with clients
- Develop Person Centered Service/Housing Plans with each client in caseload.
- Direct data management and entry in agency HMIS system and all other required data tracking systems with in a 48-hour time frame.
- Work collaboratively with New Reach staff and community members to benefit clients being served
- Regular schedule is Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm. Must be able to flex schedule to work some evenings to meet the individual needs of clients.
- BA/BS in Human Services (or similar) or Associates Degree and three years' human service experience required.
- Experience in the provision of Social Services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Familiar with HMIS system a plus
- Bilingual/Bicultural required
Positions are at our New Haven or Bridgeport locations.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you are excited to join New Reach's team, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.