New Reach is looking for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated Maintenance Worker to join their Facilities Team.
New Reach, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to shelter, house, and stabilize vulnerable residents of CT. Since 1990, New Reach has worked to further its mission to inspire independence for those affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative and progressive methods.
Performs a variety of work in the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, and equipment. The Maintenance Worker is responsible to maintain a safe and clean environment for staff and residents of all owned and operated agency properties.
- General maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment and grounds.
- Perform basic rough and finish carpentry repair of structures such as partitions, walls, doors, window frames, office furniture, lock sets and handles, etc.
- Perform basic electrical repair work for switches, outlets, plugs, cables, appliances and lighting systems including reporting any unsafe electrical conditions.
- Identify and perform basic repairs of plumbing leaks or breaks, open clogged lines and drains, replace leaking seals, heating systems controls and other malfunctioning parts.
- Prepare surfaces and apply paint as well as repairs to ceiling, wall and trim surfaces.
- Maintain the grounds in a clean, safe and orderly manner including mowing, trimming, weeding, tree and shrub trimming and pest management. Clean debris from grounds, pathways and parking lots. Maintain grounds maintenance equipment.
- Clean and inspect heating and cooling systems.
- Basic knowledge of the following trades: carpentry, plumbing, electrical, appliance repair, painting and grounds keeping.
- Basic computer skills
- Understanding of good practices and effective use of hand and power tools used in the maintenance and repair of building facilities.
- Willingness to work outside during inclement weather conditions.
- Possess a valid Connecticut driver's license.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you are excited to join New Reach's team, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.