Thank you for supporting Small Business Saturday
The Greater New Haven Chamber would like to thank those who supported the 8th annual Small Business Saturday. Whether you are a small business owner or a consumer, we encourage you to do some of your holiday and everyday shopping at small businesses.
About Small Business Saturday:
It’s an annual shopping tradition dedicated to supporting small businesses and celebrating communities across the country. Founded by in 2010, is celebrated every year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. In 2018, you can get out and support the places you love with the people you love on Nov 24.
How Consumers can get on Board:
- Learn more about this effort by visiting the www.facebook.com/smallbusinesssaturday.
How Businesses can get on Board:
- Join the movement. Market Your Business with Free “Shop Small®” Resources
- American Express, who founded Small Business Saturday in 2010, offers a number of free marketing materials to help you promote your involvement.
- These can be easily customized for your own business and include printable signage, social posts #ShopSmall logos, welcome mats, canvas tote shopping bags, pet bandannas, banners and more.
Consumers Shop Main Street to Save Their Local Economies:
Source: The American Express OPEN Small Business Saturday Consumer Pulse (July 2011)
- 93% of US consumers believe it’s important to support the local small businesses
that they value in their community
- 87% believe that small businesses are a critical element
of the overall U.S. economic health
- 73% consciously shop at small businesses in their community
because they do not want them to go away