Thank you for supporting Small Business Saturday
The Greater New Haven Chamber would like to thank those who supported the 6th annual Small Business Saturday this November 28, 2015. Over 3.3 million people “like” Small Business Saturday on Facebook! Whether you are a small business owner or a consumer, we encourage you to do some of your holiday and everyday shopping at small businesses.
About Small Business Saturday:
November 28th marks the sixth annual Small Business Saturday, a day to support the local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy and preserve neighborhoods around the country. Small Business Saturday (SBS) was created in 2010 in response to small business owners’ most pressing need: creating more demand for their products and services.
How Consumers can get on Board:
- Learn more about this effort by visiting the www.facebook.com/smallbusinesssaturday.
How Businesses can get on Board:
- Join the movement. Market Your Business with Free “Shop Small®” Resources
- American Express, who founded Small Business Saturday in 2010, offers a number of free marketing materials to help you promote your involvement.
- These can be easily customized for your own business and include printable signage, social posts #ShopSmall logos, welcome mats, canvas tote shopping bags, pet bandannas, banners and more.
Consumers Shop Main Street to Save Their Local Economies:
Source: The American Express OPEN Small Business Saturday Consumer Pulse (July 2011)
- 93% of US consumers believe it’s important to support the local small businesses
that they value in their community
- 87% believe that small businesses are a critical element
of the overall U.S. economic health
- 73% consciously shop at small businesses in their community
because they do not want them to go away