for Small Businesses
Business Grants for Enhancement, Augmenting, Capital Improvements & Leveraging:
The Foundation of the Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce, through the support of IKEA US Community Foundation via the IKEA Foundation Black Business Initiative, will be offering a competitive grant between $2,000 - $6,000 to support Black-Owned small businesses. These will be focused grants to help businesses scale operations through purchasing equipment, technology, software, or marketing for businesses that will lead to increased revenues and contracts award. The potential applicant/grantee should also be able to leverage additional dollars with the grant. There is such great need, and we understand that we will only be able to assist a handful of companies.
Applicants must satisfy the following criteria to be considered:
- Is a majority Black-Owned for-profit business (meaning over fifty-one percent (51%) equity owned by a Black business person)
- Is legally registered and operating in a U.S. State or the District of Columbia (U.S. territories are excluded)
- Has between one (1) and fifty (50) employees
- Plans to use the grant funds to support the business and/or community
- Can promptly provide evidence requested by IKEA US Community Foundation and/or Releasing Party that the business is legal and valid
- Has a business owner at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Is not receiving a primary source of income from work as an independent contractor, contract firm worker, or temporary worker of another company (where applicants are sole member entities).
- Is not owned (in whole or in part) by and does not employ any individuals who are employee, contractor or personnel of IKEA or IKEA US Community Foundation, the Releasing Party, or any person engaged in the administration, selection or judging process for this program, or are an immediate family member of same
Preference will be given to applications that demonstrate the following:
- In business for a minimum of one-year
- Annual revenue of less than $1 million
- The grant will be used to scale operations through purchasing equipment, technology, software, or marketing that will lead to increased revenues
- The IKEA US Community Foundation grant can be leveraged to bring in additional funding to the business
- The business is in Greater New Haven (New Haven, East Haven, West Haven, Orange, Milford, Woodbridge, Bethany, Hamden, Cheshire, Branford, North Branford, Guilford, Madison, North Haven, or Wallingford.)
3 Step Process to Apply:
1. Complete this application. Applicants will be required to explain how the funds will be used. You do not have to be a chamber member.
2. Provide verification documentation requested (see application).3. Sign and send applications to BIZASSISTANCEFUND@GNHCC.COM BY August 1, 2022 AT 11:59 PM OR POSTMARK YOUR APPLICATION BY August 1, 2022 AND MAIL TO THE GREATER NEW HAVEN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, ATTN TO: Business Assistance Fund, 900 Chapel Street, 10th Floor, New Haven, CT 06510*Greater New Haven includes: Bethany, Branford, Cheshire, East Haven, Guilford, Hamden, Madison, Milford, New Haven, North Branford, North Haven, Orange, Wallingford, West Haven, and Woodbridge