Accounting Manager - Nonprofit
Do you have financial management experience in the nonprofit industry? Do you like working with a team of professionals to deliver outstanding results? Are you career driven? If so, Dean Dorton has THE opportunity for you!
We are looking for an individual with nonprofit finance or accounting experience, from a senior level position, to join our Accounting and Financial Outsourcing (AFO) team. As a Manager on the AFO team, you will have the opportunity to oversee a team of accounting professionals, while managing multiple client relationships, all using state-of-the-art technology providing value to our clients and meeting their operational needs.
This role is demanding, yet rewarding, offering opportunities for life-long learning and professional advancement within one of the premier accounting firms in the south eastern United States. Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising designated accounting teams to deliver key financial information to our clients.
- Ability to provide keen oversight and review of entire the General Ledger process to include monthly financial reporting for our clients.
- Development of financial dashboards and Key Performance Indicators.
- Strategic and operational meetings with clients.
- Meeting with prospective clients to discuss how the AFO team can bring value to their organization.
- Partnering with colleagues to manage the overall AFO team, which consists of 20+ team members across 3 locations in 2 states.
Dean Dorton is seeking applicants with a Bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field, or 5+ years of work experience in a finance/accounting role, at a senior level, within the nonprofit industry. People management skills are essential. Experience with multiple accounting systems, specifically Sage Intacct, is desirable. And, we are seeking candidates interested in working in one of our three offices (Lexington, KY; Louisville, KY; Raleigh, NC) or remotely.
Learn more about Dean Dorton’s Accounting and Financial Outsourcing services at deandortonafo.com. And, be sure to read about our recognition as a Best Places to Work in Kentucky for 16 consecutive years!