New Haven Office
The role of the Operations Manager is to provide operational, program, administrative and fund development support to the Executive Director [ED], Board of Directors and Program Managers of Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven. This position will work with a diverse population in a regional non-profit educational organization which provides free literacy services to adults from Greater New Haven, Meriden, Wallingford and the Valley.
This position encompasses administrative activities, data entry, analysis and reporting, support of both the ESOL and Basic Literacy programs as well as fundraising campaign functions of the Agency.
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours a week and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Office Management/administrative duties:
- Respond to telephone, email, or walk in inquiries; arrange appointments as appropriate.
- Supervise and coordinate volunteers and reception desk staff to assist with administrative and office tasks.
- Assist ED with Board/grant/office reports and activities.
- Office duties include: copying, filing, keeping files organized, organizing, inventory and ordering of office supplies, maintaining copier, collecting and processing daily mail.
- Update signage and communication for the office.
- Edit/maintain administrative forms.
- Prepare bank deposits daily or as needed.
- Update information to website and/or social media in a timely fashion.
- Assist with all fundraising activities administratively and in ‘attendance’ as required.
Program/fund development duties:
- Ensure timely and accurate input of Salesforce database and/or other data base entries.
- Runs/prepares reports/statistics for ED/staff/Board as needed.
- Communicate with Staff, Board, Donors and others via email/phone/Salesforce, etc.
- Prepare and share Organization’s annual calendar of events.
- Coordinate preparation and emailing of 3 times yearly newsletter in coordination with Marketing Committee.
- Coordinate publication of Hear Our Voices.
- Provide staff support for fundraising events.
- Coordinate attendance for trainings/meetings/events, etc
- Process new tutor and new student applications for the Program Staff.
- Advertise on-line and in print media for all Program promotions.
- Communicate with prospective Tutors giving information regarding training/organization.
- Coordinate preparation of training materials as directed by Program Managers.
- Set up/reserve training space.
- Other duties as requested by Executive Director
Bi-lingual abilities highly preferred. The position requires cultural sensitivity, strong communication, and excellent organization, management, and interpersonal skills. Candidates must be able to work independently and with confidence. Candidate must have proficiency in Windows/MS Office as well as Google and social media applications. Familiarity with database entry a must. Experience in marketing, networking and community building preferred. College degree and 1 - 3 years of related experience preferred. Familiarity with Sales Force highly beneficial.
Start Date: (tentative) Mid-late October, 2020
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Louis D. Perno, MSW
Literacy Volunteers of Greater New Haven
5 Science Park
New Haven, CT. 06511