Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people that are challenged with poverty and homelessness? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the word a better place? Then keep reading.
New Reach, Inc. is a powerful nonprofit that provides shelter, housing, stabilization, support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT. Since 1990, we have inspired independence via continuum of innovative housing and progressive supports. Our program results prove that we are one of the most effective nonprofits of our kind in the United States. A big reason why is because our staff support each other in a culture of teamwork, mutual caring and support, and dedication to our mission.
The ideal candidate will be a results-driven, team- and detail-oriented professional who is comfortable working on multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Supports Finance Director with Capital Budget management
- Reconcile all GL accounts on a timely basis and discuss any discrepancies with Finance Director and make corrections as specified
- Prepares journal entries for grant funding as it relates to payroll and direct expenses
- Complete month end journal entries for all banking, mortgage transactions and all bank reconciliations.
- Manage the revenue recognition for all
- Accounts Receivable
- Make adjusting entries in Quickbooks as specified by the Finance
- Assist the Finance Director with maintaining excel statements concerning actual expenses vs funding for
- Assist Finance Director with preparing grant
- Collaborate with the Quality Assurance department with Grant
- Collaborate with Development with revenue reconciliation for Private
- Maintain the Finance Department contract paper and electronic
- Assist Finance Director with the creation of agency budget and program
- Assist the Finance Director with all annual audit preparation
- Backup for Payroll and Accounts Payable
- Bachelor Degree in accounting and 3 to 5 years' experience
- Ability and desire to work as part of a team; identify with and support the mission of New
- Proficient with the use of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office
- Strong analytical skills
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations, a plus
- Proactive personality and high level of professionalism, compassion, integrity and
The position is 32 hours per week and can be a flexible.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose core values include: Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, Medical/dental/vision, PTO, 12 paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you seek an agency filled with passion, teamwork, collaboration and proven results then we encourage you to apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.