Case Worker RRH
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people that are challenged with poverty and homelessness? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the word a better place? Then keep reading.
New Reach, Inc. is a powerful nonprofit that provides shelter, housing, stabilization, support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT. Since 1990, we have inspired independence via continuum of innovative housing and progressive supports. Our program results prove that we are one of the most effective nonprofits of our kind in the United States. A big reason why is because our staff support each other in a culture of teamwork, mutual caring and support, and dedication to our mission.
Program Summary: The Connecticut Rapid Re-Housing Program (CT RRP) is a statewide initiative designed to assist homeless households (individuals and families) as they quickly move out of homelessness and into permanent housing through the provision of time-limited housing supports and strategies with the ultimate goal of housing stability.
Responsibilities (not a full inclusive list)
- Acts as primary contact person/ Case Worker for an average of 20 families/individuals participating in the Rapid Re-housing Program throughout Greater New Haven
- Conduct initial screenings, intakes and required re-certifications to determine program eligibility
- Conduct housing search and find assistance to secure appropriate housing and community resources for residents
- Be trained and utilize evidenced based practices of Critical Time Intervention, Person Centered Planning and Motivational Interviewing
- Develop Person Centered Service Plans with each client in caseload with signed agreement by client
- Provide assistance for households to increase income, accessing long-term housing subsidies, establishing and/or expanding family and community based supports, and assistance in increasing access to mainstream services
- Contact households in client case load at least weekly and make home visits to clients per contractual requirements.
- Provide services for up to a maximum of one year or based on the individual household needs and contractual requirements
- Create and maintain relationships with landlords, property managers, realtors, and other housing providers
- Educate landlords and community service providers about the CTI program and Rapid Re-Housing rental assistance.
- Advocate for clients with various barriers (i.e. criminal, financial, psychological, physical etc.) both in the community and with landlords.
- Act as a liaison between clients and landlords to provide support for issues related to housing concerns (safety, sanitation, hoarding, etc.).
- Performs housing inspections to ensure compliance with Housing Habitability Standards and Lead Visual Assessments.
Documentation and Quality Assurance
- Rapid Re-housing Housing Specialist is required to use an approved HMIS system to document all client and program data, which includes but is not limited to: Program screenings, assessments, client demographics, progress logs, action plans, collateral contacts, referrals and services provided.
- Case files are to be thorough and well-documented with great attention given to detail. Notes must follow the DAP format.
- All documentation must be entered into HMIS within 48 hours of contact.
- Associates Degree required (Bachelor's preferred) and two years' experience
- Bilingual in Spanish and Bicultural preferred.
- Occasional Twenty-four-hour emergency
- Knowledge of leasing procedures and fair housing laws.
- Knowledge of housing quality standards and inspection methods.
- Ability and desire to work as part of team; identify with and support the mission of New
- A commitment to the values of New Reach: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion and Initiative.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose core values include: Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, Medical/dental/vision, PTO, 12 paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you seek an agency filled with passion, teamwork, collaboration and proven results then we encourage you to apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.