Case Worker SHP
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people that are challenged with poverty and homelessness? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the word a better place? Then keep reading.
New Reach, Inc. is a powerful nonprofit that provides shelter, housing, stabilization, support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT. Since 1990, we have inspired independence via continuum of innovative housing and progressive supports. Our program results prove that we are one of the most effective nonprofits of our kind in the United States. A big reason why is because our staff support each other in a culture of teamwork, mutual caring and support, and dedication to our mission.
- On-going support, counseling and advocacy for the needs of clients and their families.
- Provide the majority of services in the client's home or a location of the client's choosing.
- Acts as primary contact/case worker for an average of 20 households.
- Development and implementation of action plans for clients per program guidelines.
- Maintains timely and accurate client files, including care plans, correspondence and case notes.
- Locate and help secure appropriate housing arrangements for households.
- Assist clients in identifying un-addressed needs related to benefits, education, housing, medical and other needs.
- Maintain records and statistics on clients as directed by Program Manager.
- Assist in program development and quality assurance activities as directed by Program Manager.
- Create awareness; educate policy makers on issues relevant to the needs of clients.
- Attend required trainings programs and community meetings as assigned.
- Develop a strong community profile within the homeless services, mental health, substance abuse and/or HIV/AIDS community as an advocate for clients.
- Minimum BA/BS with two years related experience, or Master's Degree in related field.
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred.
- Experience with Motivational Interviewing a plus.
- Experience working with specific needs of a vulnerable population
- Knowledge of mental health and HIV and the care continuum.
- A commitment to the values of New Reach: Professionalism, Integrity, Compassion and Initiative.
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose core values include: Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, Medical/dental/vision, PTO, 12 paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you seek an agency filled with passion, teamwork, collaboration and proven results then we encourage you to apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.