Clinical Program Manager Full Time
Do you want to make a positive difference in the lives of people that are challenged with poverty and homelessness? Do you want to join a high-performing team of dedicated professionals who work effectively together, have fun, and share the joy of truly making the world a better place? Please keep reading.
New Reach, Inc. is a powerful nonprofit agency that provides shelter, housing, stabilization, support and community connections for children, families and individuals experiencing homelessness across CT. Since 1990, we have inspired independence via continuum of innovative housing and progressive supports. Our program results prove that we are one of the most effective nonprofits of our kind in the United States. A big reason why is due to our staff who support each other in a culture of teamwork, mutual caring, and dedication to our mission.
The Clinical Program Manager develops, manages and reports on, and is accountable for the activities of the New Reach Shelters and its staff (including interns). This includes setting and carrying out policies, goals, and procedures for their departments; evaluate the quality of the staff's work; and develop reports and budgets. Represents and promotes the agency by participating in various community activities; creates awareness of issues related to family homelessness.
- Provide crisis intervention to clients living with trauma, mental illness, and/or substance abuse issues
- Support staff in providing referral/access to treatment and recovery-oriented care for mental health and substance use disorders, as appropriate
- Ensure implementation of Evidence Based practices such as Trauma Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing
- Provide and support access to permanent supportive housing and other necessary services, including but not limited to primary care services and behavioral health treatment
- Participate in the intake process for all new clients by completing a biopsychosocial assessment(s)
- Provide short term counseling services to shelter resident(s) per contract requirements
- Perform mental health, substance abuse and other risk assessments in accordance with program standards
- Facilitate agency meetings that include and are not limited to case conferencing Residential Aides & Shelter team meetings
- Supervise, orient and train shelter staff to ensure that job responsibilities are being performed in a quality manner, consistent with policy and enforce disciplinary actions when necessary
- Oversee data entry in Electronic Client Record and HMIS to ensure integrity of data
- Licensed clinician (LCSW preferred) or master's degree in social work or a related field required. 2 years management and supervisory experience required
- Education or experience working with clients with substance abuse issues, mental health, HIV/AIDS required
- Bilingual/Bicultural preferred
- Strong ability to lead and empower others; previous experience in managing supportive housing, home visiting or shelter/residential programs preferred
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose core values include: Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, Medical/dental/vision, PTO, 12 paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you seek an agency filled with passion, teamwork, collaboration and proven results then we encourage you to apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.