Entry Coordinator for the Homeless (Coordinated Access Network)
We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For?
Are you passionate about using your organizational talents as a force for good in our community? Are you the type of person who pays attention to details and can support a team to reach their goals such as ending homelessness in greater New Haven?
United Way is seeking a CAN Entry Coordinator who is passionate and organized to serve as the support that keeps CAN back-bone staff and community partners operating at their highest potential to ultimately end homelessness in our region. This person will provide critical administrative and data management support to the Greater New Haven Coordinated Entry system, to ensure that progress is continually made towards meeting system goals. Salary is $40,000-$42,000/year and includes benefits.
What You Will Do
- Support Coordinated Entry.
- Provide support to monitor system performance and drive improvement.
- Skilled in viewing and analyzing data to provide suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Comfortable with being client facing and fielding phone calls from clients who continue to need emergency shelter.
- Support collaborative activities for the CAN.
- You will work as part of a team.
What You Need
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, including basic business writing skills and positive phone personality with active listening skills.
- Ability to work independently, adjusting to changing priorities.
- Ability to work with groups and balance multiple points of view.
- Local and statewide travel is required; out of state travel as needed.
- Experience working with various types of databases and content management systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of CT HMIS is preferred.
- Ability to develop visual presentations of data/metrics is preferred.
- Knowledge of the challenges and barriers that homeless people face is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to speak and write clearly and concisely for a broad audience.
- Highly motivated and creative problem solver.
- Ability to relate to people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to be diplomatic when working with staff from other agencies and clients in crisis.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least one year of similar experience; equivalent life experience may be substituted for education.
- Preference given to bi-lingual, Spanish speaking applicants.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to these organizational values.
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
United Way staff are currently working hybrid, with at least two days per week in our office in New Haven.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply – Go to our website and click on the Careers Page to upload your resume and cover letter: https://www.uwgnh.org/careers