JKA is looking for an Executive Assistant to play a key role in administration, marketing and business development. This is a new role, and the ideal candidate will support the President in her mission to provide support services to small, minority and women owned firms seeking to increase revenues by acquiring government contracts and working with larger corporations. Our company is committed to economic empowerment for small business. This position will serve as an anchor for the organization providing excellent customer service and follow through to our clients.
The JKA team is comprised of a blend between employees and consultants. Since most of our work is done at client locations, our team is mostly virtual. We tend to work collaboratively using a blend of virtual tools and applications (Slack/Asana/Teams) to stay in touch. The environment is fast paced, and our clients tend to be very demanding. The team is independent, entrepreneurial, creative, and fun. There is also a lot of flexibility when it comes to managing work-life balance. We prioritize family and wellness; it is the perfect environment for someone that is self-motivated and needs a flexible schedule.
- Self-starter, ability to work alone with little or no supervision.
- Mature interpersonal and communication style. Ability to interact well with a diverse range of people. Highly desired personal qualities include self-confidence, intuition, flexibility, positive outlook, energy, and diplomacy. Utmost confidentiality is required.
- Ability to work under the pressure of tight deadlines, able to take lead with minimal supervision. Comfortable working in a continually changing external environment. Excellent follow-through. Close attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, strong writing and editing skills for updating training materials, power point presentations, bids, proposals, and RFPs.
- Scheduling for President and managing on-line business calendar for consultant team.
- Managing company registrations, certifications, and insurance policies.
- Managing our consultants and independent contractors which includes timekeeping, due diligence, note taking, following up, etc.
- Superior organizational skills. Ability to complete assignments independently, professionally and in a timely manner. Ability to make decisions about how to manage and organize own workload.
- Strong time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and projects as a time.
- Excellent project planning and management skills, and ability to obtain supports creatively.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, troubleshooting and decision-making capabilities. Demonstrated ability to identify procedural problems or inefficiencies and to recommend and implement improvements.
- Proficiency in the use of social media, including Facebook and Twitter, and Instagram
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Google. At least three years of experience providing administrative and support services.
- Sales Force, Asana and Slack experience highly desirable
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage; 401K retirement plan; life insurance. Paid Time Off (Vacation and Holidays)
Office is located at: New Haven, CT.
Hours: 35 hour per week (flexible schedule)