Executive Assistant & Board Operations Specialist
Here at GSB, your achievements are recognized. We provide the tools and support to ensure that our employees develop their skills, attain their goals, and reach their full potential. Find out why our employees call us “an employer of choice.”
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package including:
- Medical Insurance w/ Employer HSA Contributions
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(K) w/ generous company match
- Annual Incentive Program
- Hybrid working model
- Flexible Hours (position dependent)
- And More!
FUNCTION: Serves as the administrative and functional point person for the Executive Management Team. Serves as the operational support for the Board of Directors with varied responsibilities: events, agendas, records, communications. Key duties include taking and drafting meeting minutes, preparation of meeting materials, maintaining records of documents.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Management Team including but not limited to managing extremely active calendar of appointments, meetings and conference calls; composing and preparing confidential correspondence, arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas.
- Access to multiple calendars for updating and maintaining based on Executive schedules, meetings, conferences, travel plans;and all Board and Board Committee level meetings.
- Answer CEO’s direct phone line, take confidential messages, and immediately provide caller information to the CEO (in person or via email), or to appropriate management as requested.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on workload and projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Use appropriate judgment and knowledge of Bank policies and maintain a high level of confidentiality in all matters.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CEO, with the Board of Corporators, Trustees, Directors, and Committee members.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO office and internal departments by demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility and trust.
- Provide leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the Bank, and may manage a variety of special projects for Executive Management, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Archive Board, Board Committee, and Subsidiary packages electronically in Diligent and download packages to the GSB Network for regulatory purposes.
- In conjunction with the Training Manager, coordinates the attendance of the Board, Executive, and Leadership Council to ABA, CBA, CCBA or other industry events, by registering attendees, submitting/approving requests for payment, and adding to select calendars.
- Prepares N-contract updates and N-risk assessments, as the Application Manager for Diligent; as well as completes Control Effectiveness Assessments on board and/or board committee packages/materials.
- In conjunction with the Controller, responsible for CT Department of Banking Quarterly Reporting (on behalf of the CEO) for any Changes to Executive Officers or Directors, and for any Changes to Branches, by completing and submitting the regulatory form prior to deadline.
- Responsible for updating, processing, and submitting any changes in authorizations or forms regarding broker/dealers, FRB, FHLB, FDIC, etc., as requested by management and approved by the Board.
- In conjunction with Corporate Secretary:
- Prepares annual Executive Officer Broker Disclosure, gathers signatures and presents to Board for approval.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Perpetual Calendar of Board Reports used to prepare the Bank's Board agenda.
- Thorough understanding of charter and bylaws; referring to this information as basis for notifications
- As a Notary Public, administers the annual Oath of Office to Directors and Executive Officers, as required by CT General Statutes, Section 36a-101; prepares affirmations and gathers signatures.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining internal Contact Lists and Outlook Contacts for the GSB MHC Board of Trustees, Board of Corporators, and Nominating Committee members; GSB Bancorp, Inc. Board of Directors; and GSB Board of Directors and Committee members. Also responsible for updating and maintaining Lists of Terms for Corporators, Trustees, and Directors, based on elections and retirements in support of the CEO and the Governance Committee.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of board level agendas and minutes as well as required meeting notifications to all Board of Trustees/Corporators and Board of Directors/Committee meetings.
- Responsible for the official documentation of all board level meetings whether recorded by incumbent, Corporate Secretary, or Assistant Corporate Secretary or Pro-Tem designee.
- Researches and compiles data, and provides excerpts from minutes for the internal and external auditors and regulatory agencies.
- Maintains the official minute records (hard copy and electronic) of the Mutual Holding Company, Mid-Tier Holding Company, and the Bank.
- Responsible for the timely upload of materials for the monthly Board of Trustees/Corporators, Board of Directors/Board Committee, and Subsidiary packages to the electronic board portal, Diligent.
- Serves as Proxy and is responsible for Approval Signature on the LoanVantage system for original loan submissions approved monthly by the (Board) Loan Committee or Board of Directors, as appropriately designated.
- Assists Marketing with annual Board of Trustees/Corporators events (Corporators’ Dinner, Strategic Planning Meeting, etc.) Prepares meeting agendas, Chairman scripts, and takes minutes at meetings/events, if applicable.
- May serves as the Secretary for internal Management Committee meetings.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completes all required quarterly compliance training as assigned in a timely manner.
The ability to use data, information, and communication technologies to find, evaluate, create, and communicate information, requiring both cognitive and technical skills
- Information, data, and content
- Teaching learning and self-development
- Communication, collaboration, and participation
- Digital identity, safety, and security
- Technical proficiency with all bank products
- Awareness and interest in new technology
- Creation, innovation, and research
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: none
EXPERIENCE: Eight years to ten years similar or related experience.
QUALIFICATIONS: highest level of professionalism and confidentiality. Ability to interact with all levels. Attention to detail and meeting deadlines is critically important. Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Notary preferred, but not required; expected to become notary upon hire. Ideal candidate has Robert’s Rules recording minutes experience.
EDUCATION: A college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field)