We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For
Do you enjoy organizing information and facilitating effective communications between community organizations? Are you the type of person who takes pride in getting the details right and is excited to support programs that help families thrive in greater New Haven? Are you enthusiastic about using your organizational talents as a force for good in our community?
United Way is seeking a full-time Program Assistant who is passionate and organized to support two programs that help families in greater New Haven improve their lives: Early Head Start, which serves families with infants and toddlers, and the Coordinated Access Network, which helps people who are at-risk of, or experiencing, homelessness.
This is an hourly position. The pay range is $16 - $18/hour and includes benefits.
What You Will Do
What You Need
- Prepare and execute contracts
- Review and submit housing applications
- Review and submit invoices for processing
- Organize and maintain file system, and file correspondence and other records
- Prepare materials for presentations and events
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and events
- Answer emails and correspondence
- Develop meeting agendas and take meeting minutes
- Develop memos, reports and other regular correspondences as requested
- Create and distribute surveys
- Participate in trainings and committee work as applicable
- Participate in program strategic planning and self-assessment processes
- Develop relationships with community partners
- Assist in special projects as requested
- Maintain a high sense of confidentiality, initiative, and good judgment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum experience of 2 years working in an administrative capacity
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Training and experience using Microsoft Office 365 products
- Ability to travel to Partner sites in the Greater New Haven area
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment. In accordance with Head Start Program Performance Standards, this position also requires a medical physical and proof of Covid-19 vaccination as a condition of employment.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to these organizational values
United Way staff are currently working hybrid, with at least two days per week in our office in New Haven.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.