Title: Accounts Payable Associate
Reports to: Finance Director
Location: Hamden, CT
The Accounts Payable (“A/P”) associate is primarily responsible for the day to day accounts payable functions including processing and payment of invoices in a fast paced, high volume A/P environment.
- Process, verify and reconcile various types of accounts payable invoices.
- Track vendor invoices to ensure timely payments.
- File open and paid vendor invoices and receivers accurately. Distribute copies of required invoices as needed.
- Supporting the payment process for check runs by pulling invoices, printing checks and attaching backup to printed checks. Verify approvals are in place and appropriate signatures are on the check prior to mailing.
- Respond timely and professionally to vendor and internal inquiries regarding payments.
- Review and verify statements received from vendors for accuracy. Research and investigate vendor discrepancies, as well as internal inquiries in a timely manner. This may involve interaction with other departments within the company.
- Assist in / develop a process to identify invoices that should be accrued and provide input as needed to supervisor.
- Support the month end close including credit card statement coding
- Other duties as designated by management.
- A minimum of 2-3 years Accounts Payable processing experience.
- Experience in the health care industry a plus.
- At least an Associate Degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Experience with month end closing procedures a plus.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices and procedures to include a good understanding of cash and accrual basis accounting.
- Knowledge and experience with Quickbooks
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products to include Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to process high volumes of invoices accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player who is detail and process oriented with the ability to multi-task.