Job Posting – Charge Entry Associate
The Medical Billing-Charge Entry Specialist is primarily responsible for revenue capture and auditing services and procedures within the revenue cycle to assure proper clean claim adjudication to Medicare and third-party payors.
The medical billing-charge entry specialist serves as a communication link between the coding manager, physician medical assistant, registrations, and peers within the revenue cycle billing department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient at capturing office visits, office procedures, MRI, and radiology through visit tracking and scheduling reports.
- Knowledgeable in appending modifiers to office visits and office procedures.
- Knowledgeable with all government rules and regulations as it pertains to compliant billing using National Correct Coding Initiative (NCCI), and third-party payor rules.
- Timely charge entry to achieve the goals of the revenue cycle department for adjudication of all claims within 48 hours of the visit.
- Communicate with staff, Physician Medical Assistant, Coding manager, revenue cycle peers within the department to achieve charge entry excellence.
Other Duties May Include:
Physical/Occupational Therapy and DME Charge Capture
- CPC preferred, will consider work experience in lieu of certification
- Education and experience equivalent to: High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented with three (3) years of related work
- Preferred Experience in Greenway Primesuite Practice Management and EMR
- Excellent Communication Skills both verbal and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office