Bead Electronics is an innovative manufacturer of precision engineered components and assemblies for the Automotive, Medical, Electronics, and Consumer markets. We are looking for a Manufacturing Process Engineer who will help lead new investments in equipment and practices to capitalize on our unique metal forming processes. Our company environment will allow the right person to have an immediate significant impact. This position will be responsible for developing, maintaining, and improving manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment, and tooling and working with other personnel to achieve these goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- A hands-on engineer, responsible for project management and development for New Product Introduction. Ensure manufacturing reliability for new products.
- Evaluate, identify, and implement process improvement efforts to optimize quality and cost.
- Develop and maintain Standard Work Instruction for production processes
- Investigate and determine root cause(s) for internal and external complaints and/or quality rejections. (8D Problem Solving).
- Lead and support various related engineering functions such as mechanical design of tooling and fixtures, standardization of processes, cost reduction, and quality control.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing and tooling.
- Collect and analyze data to determine and recommend changes in methods, tooling, and/or equipment to more fully utilize manpower to increase productivity, quality, or reduce cost.
- 5+ years of practical manufacturing experience. Experience with metal forming preferred and troubleshooting manufacturing processes.
- B.S. in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or equivalent technical work experience.
- 3D CAD experience - preferably Solidworks.
- Knowledge and proficiency with basic machine tool operation - mills, lathes, drills, surface grinders.
- Self-driven and sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines daily, while being highly accountable to internal and external commitments.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience working within ISO/IATF/AS quality management systems.