Defibtech Manufacturing Software / Test Engineer
Manufacturing Software / Test Engineer
Most of us hope to help change the world. We do. One heartbeat at a time.
We are Defibtech, a leading innovator in the field of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and other lifesaving resuscitation products. Our products are sold throughout the United States and in more than 50 countries around the world.
With more than 400,000 defibrillators deployed worldwide in various language configurations, we have drawn accolades and won numerous awards for innovative product design, growth, quality, and services. Our headquarters are in Guilford, CT and we design and manufacture our products in the United States.
As a growing medical device company, we strive to foster the valuable cultural aspects of our start-up roots: intensity, challenge, collaboration, trust, and the enthusiasm to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get stuff done.
Defibtech is seeking a Manufacturing Software / Test Engineer, based at our Manufacturing site in Branford, CT. The Manufacturing Software / Test Engineer maintains and supports production tool databases, software and hardware platforms, and test stations that are deployed both on-site and at our contract manufacturers. In addition, this role focuses on database management and new product introduction across our production platforms.
• Identifies implementation strategies and drives database updates for release internally and externally.
• Develops programs and script for production tools for user interface.
• Coordinates the transfer, installation, upgrades, qualification and sustaining activities of test equipment and database environments at external contract manufacturers and suppliers.
• Collaborates cross functionally to support the transfer of design and projects into manufacturing, including transfer of the test environment.
• Partners with wider manufacturing team to define Part Number and Bill of Material configurations for new product releases.
• Serves as central contact and lead for sustaining test station and test environment troubleshooting and support.
• Generates and executes data queries in support of root-cause and production investigations.
• Supports and performs verification and validation testing in both pilot and production environments.
• Champions test system improvement projects by identifying opportunities to improve test station software and hardware and collaborating with manufacturing engineers to develop rationale for changes.
• Manages documentation and requirements utilizing the Defibtech Change Control process.
• Demonstrates Defibtech’s values on the job by focusing actions on Integrity, Passion, Ownership, and Innovation. Promotes and participates in continuous improvement.
• Actively supports compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including but not limited to FDA, Quality Systems Regulations, safety regulations and applicable statutes).
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related experience or the equivalent combination of education, experience and training.
• Preferred candidates will have a bachelor’s degree in a science related field such as electrical engineering or computer science and experience in supporting manufacturing of electronic or electromechanical products, preferred.
• Previous experience in medical device or a highly regulated industry such as medical devices a plus.
• PC hardware, Windows OS and peripherals experience is required; sequel server database, Visual Basic, C-Sharp, ERP (Epicor) experience is preferred.
• Ability to coordinate and lead investigations, identify root cause, and implement corrective actions.
• Ability to operate independently, lead project initiatives related to manufacturing, make decisions, influence outcomes, and drive tasks to successful completion.
• Ability to establish, and support hardware platform interface and communication using software applications.
• Strong written and oral communication skills to accurately convey issues and information. • Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced, high volume environment. • The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Defibtech offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including core health benefits, company-paid disability, and a company matching 401k plan.
• Defibtech promotes a challenging, collaborative and friendly culture that is centered around our values: Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Ownership.
• Defibtech is supportive of work balance providing company gatherings to add fun and generous paid time off and flexibility for employees to manage time and responsibilities.
• Defibtech is committed to empowering and supporting our employees in their philanthropic efforts through donation programs and time off for volunteerism.
Defibtech is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Defibtech endeavors to make www.defibtech.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 203.453.6654. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
To Apply Click Here: www.defibtech.com/careers