Defibtech Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Defibtech is a leading innovator in the field of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) and other lifesaving resuscitation products. We are on a mission to increase survival from sudden cardiac arrest and transform the pre-hospital treatment of sudden cardiac arrest patients.
With more than 400,000 defibrillators deployed worldwide in various language configurations, Defibtech has drawn accolades and won numerous awards for innovative product design, growth, quality, and services. Based along the shoreline of Connecticut, we design and manufacture our products in the United States.
As a growing medical device company, we strive to foster the valuable cultural aspects of our start-up roots with enthusiasm to roll up our sleeves and do what it takes to get things done. We are searching for team members that exemplify our values of passion, innovation, integrity, and innovation across every aspect of their work.
Defibtech is seeking a Senior Electrical Design Engineer based in our Guilford, CT headquarters. The Senior Electrical Design Engineer is the technical lead for the hardware design and development of Defibtech’s medical products.
• Designing and developing the company’s medical products by owning architecture selection, electrical design and validation.
• Designing and developing analog and digital circuits such as power supplies, high voltage storage and discharge, batteries, low power systems, signal acquisition and conditioning, EMI and ESD protection, and micro-controllers.
• Developing product system and hardware requirements and specifications.
• Supporting verification and validation of hardware and embedded software.
• Partners closely with other team members (software, mechanical, quality, validation, manufacturing) to successfully bring the product to market.
• Collaborates cross functionally to support the transfer of design and projects into manufacturing and the product in production.
• Partners with wider manufacturing team to define Part Number and Bill of Material configurations for new product releases.
• Supports and performs verification and validation testing in both pilot and production environments.
• Manages documentation and requirements utilizing the Defibtech Change Control process.
• Demonstrates Defibtech’s values on the job by focusing actions on Integrity, Passion, Ownership, and Innovation. Promotes and participates in continuous improvement.
• Actively supports compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including but not limited to FDA, Quality Systems Regulations, safety regulations and applicable statutes).
Work Environment and Physical Demands: • Work is primarily based in an office and engineering laboratory setting. • Light work that includes moving objects up to 20 lbs; frequent standing at a lab bench.
• Manual dexterity to effectively use hand tools while performing work tasks.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with ten years of relevant work experience.
• Previous work experience in medical product development is preferred.
• Must have strong analog design hardware experience with ability to act as lead developer on key new design initiatives including low power analog front-end electronics, ECG signal conditioning, low power system design, and high voltage charge and discharge design.
• Digital design hardware experience for embedded systems including microprocessors, microcontrollers, embedded peripherals, FPGAs and PLDs required.
• Successful track record taking the design from prototype to released product, including functional verification, and providing manufacturing support upon product release.
• Experience with component and design reliability test definition and execution a plus.
• Experience with embedded software development tools, ICE, version control software, and real-time embedded design software is a plus.
• Ability to use hardware design tools (CAD, simulation) and bench tools (logic analyzers, oscilloscopes) is required.
• Ability to write technical specifications and requirements and strong written and oral communication skills to accurately convey issues and information.
• Knowledge of worldwide safety and EMC compliance requirements and testing is preferred.
Compensation and Benefits: • Defibtech offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including core health benefits, company-paid disability, and a company matching 401k plan. • Defibtech promotes a challenging, collaborative, and friendly culture that is centered around our values: Passion, Innovation, Integrity and Ownership. • Defibtech is supportive of work balance providing company gatherings to add fun and generous paid time off and flexibility for employees to manage time and responsibilities. • Defibtech is committed to empowering and supporting our employees in their philanthropic efforts through donation programs and time off for volunteerism.
Defibtech is committed to a diverse workplace and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and E-Verify Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. The above description of core responsibilities and qualifications are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Defibtech endeavors to make www.defibtech.com accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Human Resources at 203.453.6654. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and should not be used to inquire about the status of applications.
To Apply Click Here: https://www.defibtech.com/careers