Unicorr Packaging Group Shipping Supervisor
Unicorr Packaging Group, a family-owned leading manufacturer of corrugated and protective packaging, seeks an experienced Shipping Supervisor to join our team in North Haven CT. This is a second shift position.
Reporting to the Production Manager, this position will be responsible for directly supervising and leading hourly associates while achieving quality and shipping objectives with an emphasis on promoting an environment which fosters continuous improvement through Lean methodology, collaboration, problem solving and high performance. This position is responsible for managing associate performance, driving positive change, ensuring results are timely and satisfying customer needs. The Shipping Supervisor is responsible for the administration of company policies and procedures, including quality, safety and good housekeeping.
- Work closely with all shipping employees to ensure that shipping standards are met and or exceeded.
- Strive to improve the skills of associates by providing clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviors, effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities.
- Train and develop hourly manufacturing employees; including but not limited to on the job training, cross training coverage, safe work habits and good housekeeping.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Operational Excellence through fostering and promoting an environment of continuous improvement.
- Perform Inventory control functions
- Daily cutting of delivery receipts
- Stay current on all department and plant procedures related to the job, which can affect the quality of products and/or services to our customers.
- Expedite, prioritize, and coordinate equipment and tooling repairs and/or replacement with department and plant maintenance and engineering groups.
- Lead or actively participate in problem solving initiatives (root cause analysis, 5S, Kaizen events or other lean manufacturing events).
- Ensure an organized, safe, and clear workspace.
- Responsible for addressing and resolving employee concerns, whether directly or indirectly disclosed.
- Record and prepare safety incident reports.
- Authorize shipping personnel’s time and attendance. Manage absence issues and coach/discipline as needed.
- Ensures products conform to quality standards.
- Ensures shipping practices are consistent with Unicorr Policies and Procedures and all external regulations.
- Other duties as required, with or without accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- HS Degree (AS Degree or higher in Technical area preferred) and 2+ years’ experience in a capital and labor driven manufacturing environment. Corrugated manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience with Union environment highly desirable
- Forklift operations experience a plus
- Knowledge of tractor trailer safety procedures
- Prior dispatch experience a plus
- Understanding of DOT regulations a plus
- Knowledge of lean shipping concepts and Lean six sigma principles preferred.
- Must be able to function effectively in a team environment
- Well organized and self-directed.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to interact and interface with production personnel as well as management.
Unicorr Packaging Group offers a competitive compensation and benefit package including health, dental and vision, 401(k) Plan.
For additional information on Unicorr Packaging Group, please visit our website at www.unicorr.com.
Unicorr Packaging Group is an EO/EA/AA Employer.