Corporate Giving ManagerDescription
**This position has a start date of no sooner than July 1, 2021**
CT Food Bank/Foodshare has an exciting opportunity for a Corporate Giving Manager in our Wallingford office (training will occur in Bloomfield). The qualified candidate will be responsible for identifying, cultivating, soliciting, securing, and stewarding corporate gifts, focusing on the southern/shoreline region of Connecticut, including Fairfield County. This position will report directly to the Director of Corporate and Community Giving.
- Research, identify, cultivate, and engage new businesses, companies, and executives resulting in event and program partnerships, cause-related marketing income, third party events, sponsorships, and other corporate revenue streams.
- Manage and network within assigned Chambers of Commerce to attract donors, volunteers, and hosts of third party events and online donation campaigns.
- Participate in managing internal communications of corporate solicitations and partnerships.
- Develop an internal culture consisting of constituent relationship management in order to grow funding from corporations for programs and events.
- Structure operations and strategies to cross market fundraising in all mission initiatives.
- Manage external relationships with corporate partners for events and programs.
- Develop and manage the Corporate Partners Program in conjunction with the Director of Corporate and Community Giving.
- Develop existing and create new relationships for employee engagement opportunities to diversify the funding base.
- Help recruit, train, and motivate volunteers to engage in solicitations and other cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Support the Director of Corporate and Community Giving and other food bank leaders in identification of corporate partnerships; assist with development of partnership packages and solicitations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, or related field required.
- 5-10 years of experience in a corporate, business, or nonprofit setting that demonstrates knowledge of solicitation strategies and relationship management.
- Demonstrated ability of securing and closing corporate gifts or success in corporate sales or customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, required.
- Experience with fundraising CRM software required, Raiser’s Edge strongly preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and understand contemporary philanthropy.
- Exemplary oral and written communications skills.
- Must have strong presentation skills and be able to persuasively articulate values and information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team. Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment.
- Must hold valid driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation for travel throughout Connecticut.
- Some weekend and night work required.
To apply, submit a resume and cover letter. Connecticut Food Bank - Corporate Giving Manager Application (paylocity.com)
CT Food Bank/Foodshare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. CT Food Bank/Foodshare maintains a drug-free workplace.