We Love What Makes You Unique
Your perspective fuels our mission-driven work at United Way of Greater New Haven. We are committed to building a team that is inclusive across race, gender, age, religion, identity, and lived experience. As an organization, we are committed to addressing systemic racism and injustice in our community, our partnerships, and our practices.
Who We Are Looking For
Are you a passionate advocate for building equitable economic change in our community? Do you come alive listening and learning from community members, and looking for opportunities to help households thrive? Are you always looking for ways to improve your work and grow your impact? Do you enjoy organizing and managing new projects that impact the community? If you answered yes to the questions above, this position may be an opportunity for you to use your talents as a force for good in our community!
United Way is seeking a Community Impact Manager of Financial Stability who is enthusiastic and organized to coordinate efforts to help households meet their basic needs and move them along a path to financial stability. This person will collaborate with multiple community partner organizations supporting existing initiatives to ensure that progress is made towards meeting regional goals. This role will also have the opportunity to build new community-driven initiatives to improve access to financial stability resources. Salary is $50,000-$55,000/year and includes benefits.
What You Will Do
- Design and help implement equitable solutions to increase the financial stability of households in greater New Haven. United Way is committed to driving equitable solutions that improve the lives of everyone in our region. You will work closely with community partners and community members to map the landscape of existing programs and identify opportunities to eliminate barriers and improve access to resources across the region.
- Identify opportunities and partnerships for innovation and continuous improvement. Are you always thinking about how a process could be improved? The work to meet basic needs and help households thrive is complex and you will be asked to apply critical thinking and creativity to explore opportunities for growth.
What You Need
- You will work as part of a team. You will report to the Senior Director of Financial Stability. You will collaborate with our Marketing team to tell the story of United Way to ensure that our community understands the work and impact in our community. You will also maintain good working relationships with community, nonprofit and business leaders in the community. And of course, there will be other duties as assigned.
About United Way
United Way of Greater New Haven brings people and organizations together to create solutions to Greater New Haven’s most pressing challenges in the areas of Education, Health, and Financial Stability grounded in racial and social justice. We tackle issues that cannot be solved by any one group working alone. We operate according to these organizational values.
In accordance with organizational policies, this position requires a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
United Way staff are currently working hybrid, with at least two days per week in our office in New Haven.
United Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply – Go to our website and click on the Careers Page to upload your resume and cover letter: https://www.uwgnh.org/careers
- Bachelor’s degree with three to five years of relevant experience in a nonprofit OR the equivalent of lived experience in related fields.
- Experience in workforce development and financial stability strategies preferred.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Excellent writing, public speaking, and presentation skills, including in front of large audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize material, both verbally and in written form for a broad audience.
- Experience with group facilitation, training, and working in a collaborative environment.
- Skills to establish and maintain high quality relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Flexible thinker who can balance systems thinking and on-the-ground implementation. Ability to proactively see what actions are needed, take initiative, and implement projects.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Community minded with high-level active listening skills and the ability to connect with people of different economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Experience working with various types of databases and content management systems is preferred.
- Local and statewide travel is required; Out of state travel as needed.