It's an exciting time to join New Reach!
New Reach, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to provide shelter and housing, stabilization, and support and community connections for children, families, and individuals experiencing homelessness and poverty across CT. Since 1990, New Reach has worked to further its mission to inspire independence for those affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative and progressive methods.
New Reach is looking for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated Case Worker to join a dynamic Rapid Re-Housing T team.
Essential Job Functions:
- Acts as primary contact person/ Case Worker for an average of 10 to 20 families/individuals residing in permanent housing throughout Greater New Haven.
- Complete coordinated screenings and intakes with the local Coordinated Access Network (CAN).
- Provide the majority of services in the client's home or a location of the client's choosing.
- Maintains timely and accurate client files, including Action Plans, correspondence and case notes (must use DAP Format), referrals and services provided.
- All documentation must be entered into agency chosen Homeless Management Information System Database (HMIS) within 24-48 hours of incident/contact.
- Assist clients with locating available housing units and completing the leasing process
- Be trained and utilize the evidenced based practices of Critical Time Intervention (CTI), Person Centered Planning, Motivational Interviewing and Harm Reduction.
- Continuously prepare the client for transfer of care to permanent housing, community supports and recovery support caregivers.
- Develop Person Centered Service/Housing Plans with each client in caseload with signed agreement by client.
- Provide assistance for households to increase income, access long-term housing subsidies, establish and/or expand family and community based supports, and assist in increasing access to mainstream services.
- Contact households in caseload at least weekly initially and at a decreasing rate per the CTI service model thereafter. Make home visits to clients monthly per Rapid Re-Housing (RRH) contractual requirements.
- Provide services for up to a maximum of one year or based on the individual household needs, the CTI model and contractual requirements.
- BA/BS in Human Services (or similar) or Associates Degree and three years human service experience required.
- Bilingual in Spanish and Bicultural preferred.
- Occasional twenty-four emergency coverage
- Knowledge of leasing procedures and fair housing laws
- Knowledge of housing quality standards and inspection methods
- Excellent computer skills a must.
- Experience in the provision of Social Services
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you are excited to join New Reach's team, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.