New Reach, Inc. is a nonprofit organization working to shelter, house, and stabilize vulnerable residents of CT. Since 1990, New Reach has worked to further its mission to inspire independence for those affected by homelessness and poverty through a continuum of housing and support using the most innovative and progressive methods.
New Reach is looking for a highly enthusiastic and self-motivated Residential Aide to join a dynamic Quality Assurance team.
- Site security. Must perform nightly room checks.
- Responsible for securing coverage from the on-call pool when unable to cover shift and must notify the Lead Residential Aide and Assistant Shelter Coordinator.
- Client interaction in the form of on-going support, listening and advocacy.
- Complete initial referrals.
- Maintain cleanliness of the shelter by cleaning rooms and completing daily chores as assigned. Also supervises resident cleanup/chores.
- Assist resident with Activities of Daily Living (ADL).
- Enforce shelter policies by administering warnings when necessary.
- Monitor phone use by residents.
- Maintain safety of the facility by monitoring security and responding to crisis issues appropriately as trained.
- Communicate with other shelter staff and maintain the shelter log.
- Mandated to report any witnessed or suspected child abuse to Department of Children and Families.
- Distribute donations, food and laundry as directed.
- Maintain strict confidentiality concerning any resident's information, personal information, living information and HIV status.
- Responsible for the health, welfare and safety of all residents during their shift.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Basic computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual (Spanish and English) required
- Experience with homelessness is a plus.
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to women's issues (domestic violence, sexual abuse etc.)
New Reach provides a friendly/family working environment, whose values include Integrity, Compassion, Initiative, and Professionalism. New Reach offers generous benefits after 60 days, PTO, paid holidays and a 401k plan.
If you are excited to join New Reach's team, apply to: http://newreach.org/content/careers/
No Phone Calls
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.