Accessioning Supervisor - Temporary
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Sema4 is seeking a Temporary Accessioning Manager/Supervisor to cover days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays as determined by the department. The position is based in our Branford, CT lab and will be assisting on our initiative with the State of CT on COVID19 and Antibody testing.
- Manage, hire and train a multi-level team of Accessioners in a fast-paced clinical testing laboratory with multiple shifts (including evening and weekend shifts).
- Develop and manage a correct coverage and scheduling to ensure no lag-time and optimal efficiency.
- Engage, develop and motivate staff members to ensure the highest level of specimen processing accuracy while maintaining a strict turnaround time.
- Oversees daily accessioning operations including, but not limited to:
- Specimen receipt and triage.
- Order entry and documentation with highest level of accuracy.
- Quality check of all information input into the LIS/LIMS system.
- Manage referral testing and specimen send outs workflows and documentation.
- Responsible for competency, safety and retraining of staff.
- Develop, optimize and maintain weekly & monthly operational metrics as well as meet ad hoc requests from leadership.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Identify and openly communicate issues and trends while collaborating with the team and leadership to develop best practices to ensure the laboratory is providing the best service and experience to all customers.
- Ensures department is meeting and exceeding all levels of regulatory requirements set forth by CLIA, CAP, NYSDOH.
- Investigate, analyze, recommend, implement and monitor workflow changes as needed.
- Create and maintain detailed SOPs and complex cross-functional workflows.
- Ensure employee productivity and performance of duties with accuracy and attention to detail.
- A high school diploma, bachelor’s degree (BA or B.S.) preferred.
- Advanced level of competence in managing data metrics (Excel).
- 3-5 years of laboratory experience required within Accessioning. Experience in a clinical genetics laboratory preferred.
- 2 years of prior manger or supervisory experience required.
- A minimum of three years of experience as an Accessioning Manager/Supervisor in a clinical laboratory.
- Must be a motivated team player.
- Must be analytical and possess excellent organizational, time management and communication skills.
- Accomplished at creating, assessing and streamlining workflows with multiple stakeholders and maintaining meticulous documentation.
- Experienced in training employees of various levels as well as collaborators.
To Apply Click Here: https://sema4.hrmdirect.com/employment/job-opening.php?req=1317455#job