Hematopathologist/Molecular Genetics Pathologist
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
The Hematopathologist and/or Molecular Genetics Pathologist, specifically with Hematopathology experience, acting under the leadership of the Medical Director, and in collaboration with the Clinical Oncology Directors, R&D, Bioinformatics and other teams including, the Variant Curators, Variant Knowledgebase, and the Laboratory staff, for aligning the Company’s Molecular oncology technical, regulatory, and operational strategies to maximize high-quality patient care and ensure continuous business growth throughout the enterprise. Principle duties of the position requires operational, managerial, and technical oversight of the Molecular Oncology and Computational Pathology activities including signing out clinical molecular cases, troubleshooting and technical operation of laboratory instrumentation and assay methodologies, identifying solutions to technically related customer concerns, and partnering with the operations and research teams on developing and implementing method modifications.
- Knowledgeable in all laboratory/clinical procedures
- Solid experience in Hematologic malignancies and solid tumors
- Testing and analyzing samples to diagnose, prognosticate and provide therapies for multiple cancer tissues based on variants detected by NGS and/or state of the art technologies.
- Supervision of lab assistants and technicians.
- Involved in computational pathology and artificial intelligence projects
- Involved in QC, QA, CAP/CLIA regulations
- Signing out clinical reports of hematologic diseases and solid tumors, mainly using NGS, in addition to other technologies, including, MassArray, RT-PCR, Sanger sequencing, and/or Protein based assays.
- Detection of the best specimen, assessment of the tumor cellularity, if macrodissection is required, and if the diagnosis of the slide received from a reference laboratory matches to that of the pathology report
- Pathologist may get involved in digital and computational pathology as well as deep learning algorithms.
- Expected to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Able to mentor, train and lead staff and fellows
- Strict adherence to health and safety regulations, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Medical degree (MD, DO or MD/PhD)
- Certified by the American Board of Pathology, or eligible for Board certifications
- Three to four years’ of pathology residency, at least 1 year of Fellowship training in Hematopathology and or experience in clinical sign out of heme path cases, and/or Molecular Genetics Pathology Fellowship training
- More than 1 year of clinical experience
- Eager to be part of a growing team who will launch state of the art molecular assays, and take part in the validation studies
- Strong computer skills; Microsoft Office Suite, and statistical analysis
- Clinical case sign out for solid tumors by NGS is a preferred skill set
- Must be licensed to practice in NYS, and CT
To Apply Click Here: https://sema4.com/careers/