Halda is seeking an industrious individual to join our growing Biology Department. The role of this individual will be to assess the activity of compounds using various cellular and biochemical assays. This position requires a willingness to learn new techniques in a fast-paced environment and requires cross-disciplinary interactions with fellow biologists, medicinal chemists, and structural biologists.
- Participate in lab management responsibilities: maintain inventory, place orders, organize/maintain lab space, dispose of biohazardous materials etc.
- Cell culture maintenance
- Execute cell-based and biochemical assays to assess compound activity
- Analyze and interpret assay data and communicate data to team members
- Document experimental work in electronic lab notebook
- Troubleshoot assays when necessary
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with solid theoretical understanding of biology and 2-5 years’ experience
- Able to thrive in a multifunctional role at a nimble, fast-growing biotech
- Good interpersonal skills and willingness to work within a team
- Strong work ethic, responsibility, and positive work habits with the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and time management skills within a fast-paced environment are absolutely essential
- Able to explain experiment design and results to a team in a clear and concise manner
- Familiarity with routine laboratory applications and ability to follow standard scientific techniques and methods to perform experiments at the bench
- Experience with cell culture and Western blots, ELISAs, microplate-based experiments
- Ability to use manual and electronic multichannel pipettors is a plus