Technologist -Digital Spacial Pathology
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all.
Our Branford, CT laboratory is seeking a talented Clinical Laboratory Technologist I/II to help drive our Digital Pathology efforts, as well as Digital Spatial Pathology (DSP) and Digital Computational Pathology (DCP) initiatives, that would allow correlation of the morphology of digitally scanned images to RNA and protein analyses using H&E slides, IHC or fluorescence images generated in house. The Technologist will work with our Clinical Manager for successful integration of the platforms into LIMS, for digitized slides to be used in primary and secondary diagnosis, QC efforts, and research endeavors.
- Specimen receipt, handling, and digitization of histopathological glass slides using Sema4’s brightfield Whole Slide Imaging (WSI) platform (3D HISTECH Pannoramic 250 FLASH III).
- Coordinate receipt of glass slides from investigators, external clients, other departments, etc. Assess quality of slides intended for scanning, document quality control observations, clean slides, and review quality of corresponding WSI after scanning. Work with Client Services as necessary.
- Monitor and capture Pathology/Digital Pathology quality control metrics regarding unacceptable specimens, repeat specimens, QNS cases, test conversions, etc.
- Work with pathologists to support Pathology WSI remote analysis and annotation using image management software.
- Perform digital tracking of pathology specimens using barcode scanning in an Access Database to closely monitor turn-around time and document chain-of-custody details.
- Contribute to SOPs, validation plans, and study summaries. Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Work with IT and Data Scientists to integrate the WSI database into Sema4’s Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS).
- Update and maintain scanner and associated software in between vendor preventative maintenance visits and, when necessary, work with vendor support team for troubleshooting purposes. Monitor scanner health and act when issues arise.
- Assist in Pathologist review of histological specimens (using traditional light microscopy and/or WSI system) by transcribing pertinent clinical or research pathology data into local Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), as well as additional clinical/research databases.
- Review test requisitions and/or pathology reports to accurately transcribe pertinent specimen/patient data into local LIS and databases, as well as to verify the accuracy of preexisting specimen/patient data and make any necessary modifications that will enable accurate, seamless specimen handling and testing across Accessioning, Histology, Digital Pathology, Molecular, and Biorepository.
- Interface with Sema4 Data Scientists to coordinate and export data associated with machine learning / deep learning neural networks applied to pathology images to support biomarker analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Advanced Degree a plus
- 1-3 Years Laboratory Technologist experience in a clinical lab setting and ASCP Laboratory Technologist certification are strongly preferred, but not required.
- Solid working knowledge of clinical pathology laboratory workflow
- Open and creative mindset to help develop ideas for innovative image analysis algorithms in close collaboration with pathologists and other scientists.
- Passion for the field of digital pathology and desire to explore new technology platforms related to image analysis.
- Background in pathology/oncology/molecular is desired, but not required
- Accurate computer and data entry documentation skills required
- Ability to cover weekend /evening shifts, if /when determined by the department
- Demonstrated experience in complex problem solving
- Organized, professional, and detail-oriented, with good written and oral presentation skills
To Apply Click Here: https://sema4.com/careers/