TEMP - Clinical Technologist
Sema4 is a patient-centered health intelligence company founded on the idea that more information, deeper analysis, and increased engagement will improve the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Sema4 is dedicated to transforming healthcare by building dynamic models of human health and defining optimal, individualized health trajectories, starting in the areas of reproductive health and oncology. Centrellis™, our innovative health intelligence platform, is enabling us to generate a more complete understanding of disease and wellness and to provide science-driven solutions to the most pressing medical needs. Sema4 believes that patients should be treated as partners, and that data should be shared for the benefit of all
Sema4 is seeking Temporary Clinical Laboratory Technologists II/III & IV for temporary full-time position located in Branford, CT with the ability to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as requested. As a Technologist , you are responsible for patient specimens from receipt in the lab, through preparation and processing, and ultimately through data analysis and result interpretation. In our molecular laboratory, you are responsible for the operation, maintenance, and cleanliness of diagnostic equipment as well as the preparation, storage, and retention of patient samples and testing reagents. We utilize a number of industry leading high throughput automation platforms, as well as classical manual methods and techniques, to obtain clinical results and to provide medical information to our patients and clients. The broad range of techniques and technologies demands highly technically competent candidates and experts in their field.
- Under minimum supervision, performs high complexity molecular testing of clinical samples from various biological sources such as whole blood, saliva, nasal brushings, buccal swabs, and others.
- Accomplishes high quality extraction, plating, and preanalytical processing of clinical samples while maintaining specimen integrity and organization.
- high throughput clinical production laboratory employing state of the art liquid handling and automation systems.
- Adheres to strict protocols and best practices required for clinical testing following CAP, CLIA, and NYSDOH regulations while maintaining all required records and documentation for continual inspection readiness.
- Maintain lab supplies and consumables sufficient to meet productivity goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Cell or Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, a certificate as a Medical Laboratory Scientist required. Advanced Degree is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years previous clinical laboratory work experience, or the relevant combination of advanced degree and experience, is required to fulfill regulatory requirements.
- Experience working in a high throughput commercial lab or clinical laboratory setting will be given preference.
- Familiarity with and advanced understanding of physical wet-bench techniques such as automated liquid handling, NGS library construction, and the efficient us of high-throughput automation in general are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with and advanced understanding of NGS and other molecular data analysis and interpretation techniques using LIMS, Excel, and other data management tools is also highly desirable for candidates that can demonstrate proficiency.
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving, communication, and technological skills.
- Must be a motivated team player willing to work in a fast-paced healthcare environment.
- Must qualify for or possess a NY State Technologist License.
- ASCP MB certification is strongly preferred.
- Able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays as required by the department.
To Apply Click Here:https://sema4.com/careers/