Temporary Laboratory Assistant
Sema4 is a next-generation health information company, spun out of the Mount Sinai Health System, that provides advanced genomic testing and merges big data analytics with clinical diagnostics. Our team creates practical tools that help patients, clinicians, and researchers better diagnose, treat, and prevent disease. We are striving to construct a more comprehensive picture of health by integrating three key elements: a wealth of clinical experience that informs the answers that patients and providers are seeking, the world-class academic research that illuminates new directions, and the pioneering information science that puts all the pieces together.
Sema4 is seeking a Laboratory Assistant for a Temp FTfull-time able to accommodate some evenings, weekends and holidays as needed in our Branford, CT laboratory.
This is a unique chance to join our company and be on the cutting edge of new technologies and industry trends at every level, as leaders in the start of a healthcare revolution and the future of medicine.
- Performs general routine laboratory duties including but not limited to: recording daily QA checks, maintaining and managing inventory, reagent and buffer preparation, and minor equipment maintenance and/or calibration.
- Assists in clinical testing procedures such as sample transfer verification and reagent aliquot.
- Cleans and sterilizes work surfaces, equipment and instruments.
- Maintains all required record keeping.
- Adheres to lab policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum HS diploma or GED.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, reach and lift repeatedly during shift.
- 1-2 years in a regulated clinical laboratory (CAP/CLIA) experience preferred.
- Ability to follow documented workflows and switch between them as needed.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory safety protocols is a plus.
- Superior computer and data entry skills required.
- Demonstrates extremely high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Monday-Friday Business Hours, full time position
- Great company culture, with friendly and collegial work environment
- Competitive Compensation and benefits package
- Full Health/Vision/Dental Insurance coverage & 401k Roth & Traditional on 1st day of employment
- 20 PTO, 5 sick days, 2 Volunteer days, 10 paid holidays
To Apply Click Here: https://sema4.com/careers/